The PoE extender is a cost-saving and easy solution to solve network and power extension issue of low voltage IP devices over 100m.
You can connect your existing PoE device(Switch, NVR) to the IP devices(IP cameras) over 100m with easy installation. Its waterproof and daisy chain design can transmit reliable network at outdoor environment for up to 500m.5540-20 PoE Network Extender is designed to repeat power and data without breaking IEEE 802.3 standard and affecting the data transmission performance. This is a low-cost solution for outdoor IP device deployments that requires long-distance runs to reach the PoE device, such as IP cameras, desktop phones, Wi-Fi access points, or other low voltage devices. The PoE Extender auto-detects a PoE (15.4W) or PoE+ (30W) connection and extends it for 100m over single Ethernet cable (Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6). The extender features in easy installation and no requirement of extra power supply, and it is used between power source equipment (PSE) and a powered device (PD). With daisy chain 4 units, it can extend for a total distance of up to 500m (1640 ft.), and 100 Mbps gigabit transmission is available. The aluminum housing and IP66 waterproof design allow the PoE Network extender working outdoor under harsh environment and provide a longer use life. The PoE extender features a convenient wall mountable design for installation flexibility.
+ How it works
- 1. The PoE extender has two ports, one is for “PoE In”, the other is for “PoE Out”. (“ PoE In” is Power and data Input; “PoE Out” is Power and data Output.)
- 2. Connect the “PoE In” to Power Source Equipments(PoE switch, PoE injector) with single power Ethernet cable.
- 3. The power and data is injected to the extender simultaneously.
- 4. Connect the “PoE Out” to Powered Devices (IP camera) with single power Ethernet cable to receive power and data.
- 5. Each extender can extend the distance of 100m. You can use up to 4 units, extending 500m in total.
- Transparent to network protocols
- Daisy Chain PoE Network Extension up to 500m (1640 ft.)
- Plug and Play, easy cabling Installation
- No required external power supply
- Compatible with the IEEE 802.3af/at PoE standard
- Supports transmission speeds of 100 Mbps
- Waterproof RJ45 Ethernet Connector and Shielded Plug
- Durable metal housing
- Intelligent power allocation
- Convenient wall mountable design
- Ports Number of Ports: 2 ports PoE (in/out) Data Rate: 10/100 BaseTX Transmission Media: 10BaseT Cat. 5 UTP 100BaseTX Cat. 5 UTP
- Electrical Characteristics PoE input: 1/2(-), 3/6 (+) or 7/8(-), 4/5(+) PoE output: 1/2(-), 3/6(+) Max. Power Output: 22 W Connectors: Shielded RJ45, EIA 568A and 568B Network cables: Shielded category 5 (or higher) Dimensions (H x W x D): 120*107*29 mm Weight: 0.396kg Operating Temperature: 0°C ~ 45°C (32°F ~ 113°F) Storage Temperature: -20°C ~ 90°C (-4°F ~ 194°F) Humidity: 10 to 90% RH (non-condensing)
- Standards and Regulatory Standards: IEEE-802.3at PoE+ / PSE IEEE 802.3 10BaseT IEEE 802.3 10BaseT IEEE 802.3x Flow Control Regulatory: CE, FCC Class A
- Ordering Information PoE Extender Outdoor: 5540-20
+ FAQQ:Can I connect PoE Ethernet Extender to NO-PoE devices? A:Yes, the PoE Ethernet Extender can repeat the network for both NO-PoE and PoE Devices. The extender will send only data when it detects NO-PoE device is connected. It is perfectly safe. Q:How to use the distance Chart? A:Pick up the total distance, check the Remain power, see whether it is still sufficient for PoE IP camera or AP. Q:What will happen if my IP camera needs more power than the result in the chart? A:The PoE switch will stop releasing the power to your PoE IP camera. Use DC55V power injector instead. Q: No power output to my Poe IP camera? A:The voltage drop is too much. Use DC55V power injector instead. Q:Why my extender is no network communicating? A:Check the Electrical Characteristics of your cat5e cable. It has to use at least pure copper cat5e cable, cat6 will be better. The low quality Ethernet cable will shorten the network communication and power distance sharply. Q:Where to place the extender if I want 150 meters in total? A:We recommend you place the extender at the middle. It will be 75 meters in this case. Q:Can I bear the extender? Is it waterproof? A:Yes, it is waterproof and you can bear it with protective enclosure. Q:If the PoE camera is 100m away from me, can I extend the distance for both power and Ethernet data through this device? A:Yes. One PoE extender increases the transmission distance of Ethernet data and PoE power up to 100 meters with a Cat5 cable, which means you will have 200 meters PoE network in total. Q:Does the device require a separate power supply? A:No, the PoE extender acquires the power inline from a PoE injector or PoE switch. It has only the RJ45 ports and no power port. Q:Put this device between the Ethernet switch and the remote Wi-Fi router. What is the Internet speed I can get? A:The PoE extender provides 10/100/1000 Mbps, which also depends on the date rate provided by the Ethernet switch. Q:Does this apply to the basic Ethernet calculated from the router? A:This applies to any Ethernet, any data transfer. It is transparent to the network protocols.
+ What is included
- 1. PoE extender
- 2. Screws
- 3. Mounting template
- 4. Waterproof cap
- 5. User Guide
There are no reviews yet.